Monday, April 6, 2009

Happy Accidents, vol. 2 (and some more stuff)

Because I am a lazy bastard, and it is 2 in the morning, and I have to wake up tomorrow and write a take-home final, I am taking the easy way out of this, and simply posting videos of all the musicians I saw/met/fell in love with over the past two weeks (both at JunoFest and at random shows around town). 

 The Dudes: Great guys, fun music, solid catch-phrases.

Dan Mangan: Personal hero, massively talented

Said the Whale: Heaps of fun, very good people

Hey Rosetta!: Also massively talented, air-tight live show

Maurice: Friendly guys, super danceable power pop, huge potential
(I couldn't find a decent video of them- remember, lazy bastard, 2 am, etc.- so I'm just going to link to their MySpace)

Adaline: Beautiful girl with a beautiful voice and serious composition skills

Hey Ocean: Also some of the nicest folk you're likely to meet, and some of the most talented, too

Jill Barber: Another personal hero. Also, my wife (you can't prove it isn't true)

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT. In the absence of full reviews of each show, just know that not a single one was bad, and more than one was exceptionally memorable. Thank you to all my new friends (and all my old friends who put up with my merciless bragging), all the wonderful musicians for making wonderful music, and to coffee for making the mornings-after easier. 

Until next time!

2 comments:

esther said...

Nooooo, I am not letting you take the easy way out.

BunkleLife said...

I can't listen to Mangan's "Basket" without balling like a baby. I am not a crier by nature, and it surprises me that I am completely unable to control it. Much to my mortification, that includes when I see him play it live. When I saw him the Penthouse I thought NOT THIS TIME, THIS time I will NOT CRY. Ya, right. I give up...

Such a great songwriter.