Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Awkward

It feels silly to follow up last post with something kind of nerdy and self-serving, but fingers crossed that my readers are forgiving. I am seeing Dan Mangan and Jenn Grant next week! So excited. Dan was incredible at JunoFest and I've heard nothing but amazing things about Jenn Grant's live show and new album, Echoes. ALSO, while squandering my life away on YouTube yesterday, I found this video by an awesome vlogger "Your Friend in a Box" who also happens to be a dynamite young Canadian filmmaker whose short film "The Hall" went all the way to Cannes this year. Observe:


After I watched it, I decided that I was going to make my own personal "Top 5 Songs of Summer 2009." Alas, it isn't even officially Summer just yet. We have to wait a few more days for that. But I figured that it was fun, and a good excuse to geek out about great tunes. I'm thinking that I'm going to make several of these lists throughout the summer, but for right now, these are the tracks that put a smile on my face:

5. "Tightrope" by Yeasayer from the Dark Was the Night compilation album.


4. "Stadium Love" by Metric from their new album, Fantasies


3. "Too Soon" by Hey Ocean from the album It's Easier to be Somebody Else


2. "2 Atoms in a Molecule" by Noah and the Whale from Peaceful, The World Lays Me Down


1 (A couple years old, but still solid) "Dropkick Queen of the Weekend" by The Dudes from Brain, Heart, Guitar

3 comments:

esther said...

If you ask me it's the heat of summer. My back and my ears are so sun-burnt and I'm pretty sure I'm detoxing from sweating so damn much on the Pronvencal farm here. But: A) I read your last entry with a lot of some sort of anger if you will, and B) I love this.

TM said...

I hope not with anger towards me! The Provence sun can be a harsh mistress, but a lovely one, for sure. Make sure to protect them ears! Au revoir.

BunkleLife said...

Long live nerdy & self serving!!

Tightrope a brilliant track amongst a lot of great ones on DWTN.

And enjoy Dan & Jenn.

I will be here, jealous yet eagerly awaiting your post-show thoughts.