Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Things

1. I have a job now. Mostly I fold clothes and scrub mannequins, but it works. Recessions kind of suck, just FYI. 

2. I played an open mic with a friend last night and it was great. It was at a teahouse downtown and it ended up going really well and we may be getting into regular/featured rotation at some point in the near future. Cool? 

3. Music: La Blogotheque has once again proven itself as freaking awesome. 

Yeasayer- "No Need to Worry/Redcave" live in the Paris Metro

Lisa Hannigan- "I Don't Know" live in a pub somewhere

Andrew Bird- "Anonanimal." I listened to this song while scrubbing mannequins for hours, and suddenly the job seemed a whole lot more awesome. Listen to it in HQ.

3 comments:

BunkleLife said...

LB an absolute wealth of wonderful, always!
Enjoy Dan Mangan and Veda and Geoff if you go to the Railway tonight (not sure I can make it unfortunately, will have to wait til the folk fest!)

esther said...

Why is Lisa Hannigan so awesome?
ps. I'm in Vancouver now, went to the Railway tonight to see Dan Mangan but my mother made me come to Coquitlam so I didn't get to see anything. The suburbs suck in every city, FYI.

TM said...

UGHHHHHHH. I wanted to see the Dan Mangan show so bad. I've had about 4 friends now tell me that it was the bomb. Wanna know what I did? I steamed the wrinkles out of blouses. WEAK. But I am seeing him play with Jenn Grant Soon enough. It will be great.