Friday, July 24, 2009

Holy Smokes!

It's officially been one year since my first post on this little thing. A year! Such a long time! Aside from remarkably brief, this year has been a whole bunch of other things: frustrating as hell, surprising, thrilling, scary, depressing, hopeful, and full of change. Man Descending has seen the rise of Barack Obama to the office of the President of the United States, and in a less encouraging move, the re-election of Mahmoud Amedinedjad to the position of President of Iran. It's seen exciting nights out on the town and quit, contemplative ones at home, moments of spectacular optimism and faith in mankind, and others of anxiety and fear for tomorrow. I started this thing as away of chronicling the bits and pieces of my life in transition, as a way of observing the world around me as I fall unstoppably through and toward it. When I look back on my entries, I think I've done that, and I look forward to doing it for a long time to come. Perhaps the most surprising at all, though, is that others have taken an interest in my little thought experiments and late-night musings. Lord only knows why, but I certainly appreciate every kind comment and every glance at my entries made by anybody who has ever dropped by. I've found some excellent writers and great companions through blogging and have no intention of stopping. Thanks again, and happy birthday to my readers, as well!

2 comments:

BunkleLife said...

Happy First Birthday!!! Thanks for taking the time to keep it up, your virtual pals appreciate it!

And if you don't already know....Chad VanGaalen in playing here Oct 15, Grizzly Bear (at the Vogue! Yay!) Oct 14th.

TM said...

Well thank you for the wishes and thank you for reading! And holy smokes. How excited am I for Chad and Grizzly Bear. Those will be excellent show. As will the Dan Mangan release party at Clutch (!). I'll be there with a big foam finger and the Fangan spirit.