Sunday, August 2, 2009

Songs of the Summer, Pt. 2

A while ago I posted a list of my top 5 songs of the summer. Unfortunately, at that point it was still May and not even really summer yet. But, at the time, I said I'd probably make another one of those lists as the summer went on, and here we are. There's only a little while left in the summer, so do your very best to sit out in a park, or out on a friend's deck with a glass of something cold in your hands and some good tunes playing in the background, because in Canada, those days will soon be resigned to a long, stubborn winter. Cheers to August!

5. "A Thousand Suns" by Hey Rosetta!


4. "My Girls" by Animal Collective


3. "Anonanimal" by Andrew Bird (I've posted this song before, but whatever)


2. "White Winter Hymnal" by Fleet Foxes


1. "Road Regrets" by Dan Mangan (Not to be too predictable...)


And there you have it! Enjoy the remainder of your summers, and, to my coastal friends, please don't roast alive before I have a chance to see you in the Fall. (Also...I'm seeing Dan Mangan at the end of the month. EEEEEEEEE. NEW ALBUM AUGUST 11TH.)

1 comment:

BunkleLife said...

Dan is also playing at Zulu this Saturday 22 at 5pm. Will likely be mayhem, but just in case you are willing to brave it...!