Saturday, August 22, 2009

Summer Songs Pt. 3: The Final Edition

Okay. So. Summer is this close to being officially over. Classes start again in a couple of weeks, and in those couple of weeks, I am going to be doing massively unpleasant things like moving and attempting to build IKEA furniture. But, hopefully, armed with this arsenal of tasty, tasty tunes, I'll get through it with a bit less fussiness than I otherwise would.

5. "Miss You Now" by Elliot Brood















(I couldn't find a YouTube video with this song on it, but click on the photo above to link to a blog where you can stream it for freeeeeeeeee. I suggest that you do so. Also, the album that this song is on, Mountain Meadows is nominated for Polaris this year and totally deserves it. It's wicked. http://www.quickbeforeitmelts.com/2009/07/polaris-09-shortlist-elliott-brood-mounatin-meadows/)

4. "Pine for Cedars" by Dan Mangan

















(Same deal as above- I couldn't find a YouTube'd version of this song as it's just been released, but click on the photo to link to a page with a free stream of this tune, which reminds me of all the things I'm moving for.)

3. "60 Feet Tall" by The Dead Weather
(Kicking song from a wicked album. For me and Jack White, the third time was the charm)

2. "Hang Me Out to Dry" by Cold War Kids
(Please ignore stupid video. The official video has embedding disabled. Weak.)

1. "House of Cards" by Radiohead
(Ultimate song for patio chill time).

And that's it for this summer. That's probably a lie, but whatever. Enjoy! Happy impending-autumn, I guess?

2 comments:

BunkleLife said...

Great list - and sorry you missed the Dead Weather - unbelievably intense show (and unbelievably hard to video!)

Off to Paris once I've finished packing...you must promise to post on DM's CD release shindig - I need to live vicariously through you on that on.

TM said...

If I can actually snag a ticket tomorrow- I'll let you know how it is! There''s only about 40 left and I'm out of town, so here's hoping. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Paris.